Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The Joy Of Government Contracts

Took a trip to OKC, went to visit the family.
Had a great time, many were there, each one meant to show they care.
Ran into a snag on the road, alas. They had us merge to one lane, yes,
but more there is...the best part yet: all on one side of the highway!

This has happened before, during many trips.
They take their time, growing fat off their Government Contracts.
Is it wise to wait 'til holidays to finish the heavily traveled roads?
Or let the motorists pile up in a jam?
They don't care, they're getting paid.

The way there was not so bad, I made good time, as I have before.
The way back was a nightmare, 30 minutes we had to wait to
squeeze our cars through the bottleneck, and low on gas I was at that,
no idea how long my car would last!

No end in sight to the thousand car pile-up;
a semi blocking my view. I had to venture a guess to see
if my car could make it to a gas station. Wee! (That rhymes)
Oh, the joy of Government Contracts!

The state of OK has a history of slow construction, just like every other state.
A certain part of I-35 has been under construction for years uncountable, many more than eight!!!!!
If you think I'm frustrated, you'd be right.
But I will never end the fight...

Until those workers realize, that my tax dollars and many others
are paying their way, so pave those roads, and call it a day!
And the Government should set a finish date,
to get those workers working fast, and not grow fat off their Government Contracts.

Thank You, You've been a wonderful audience.
Be sure to tip your waitress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home