Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Sailing...

"...takes me away to wher whow whall wheys wheeveee..."

Or so Christopher Cross mumbles in his most well known hit, now playing in dentist's offices everywhere.

I went sailing Sunday night. First time! I have been in a motor boat before, and we tore up the lake, but I have not been in an old fashioned sail boat. It was quite fun. Darkness was quickly creeping upon us, the lake was all but empty, and the weather was almost perfect. Gusts of wind would give us jolts of speed and lean, a single motorboat patrol unit would occasionally give us a wake to jump over. I done had myself a good time. Funny thing happened after we got back to the dock: it rained on us! After all we did to keep dry. Actually, I kinda liked it. Did you ever see the movie What About Bob? in which Bill Murray is a complete multi-phobic person who agrees to go sailing, yet eventually they have to tie him to the mast? Luckily, I wasn't like that. Surprised even myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home