Friday, August 05, 2005

Big Brother's watchin' and ACLU's cryin'

Now that security's high as a result of the bombings in the London Underground, the civil rights groups are out there pissin' and moanin' about their privacy being trampled. Here we go again. Although I don't want my personal activities to be captured on video, I don't mind in the least if I am in a public place. If I take a train somewhere, I don't mind for a second if my every move is captured on video: from the time I walk into the station to the time I get in the train. Of course, in my personal room, I'd not want a camera, but you get my drift. Not only is the presence of a camera in public places a decent deterrent for potential mischeif makers, but it's an essential tool to help catch law-breakers in the act.

I was watching CNN and a segment was about a guy who is part of some type of civil rights group, who has mapped out the locations of all the video cameras in New York, or something like that. He's also part of a group of protesters who go up to certain cameras, mostly in the subway, and hold up their protest signs and do their whining. And I bet this guy's super proud of his accomplishments. I'm glad he's dedicated his life to whining and not to solving problems. Why not dedicate your talents and assests to stopping these terrorists from causing all this crap in the first place?! Of course, he'd no doubt blame America and everyone else for the terrorists resorting to these "extreme", yet violent measures. I guess Woodstock will never leave us. Darn hippies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home