Thursday, August 05, 2004

The talkin'est thing you ever saw...

Quote: "I like to let people talk, who like to talk. It lets me find out how full of $#!+ they are."
-Jackie Chan
Rush Hour

Some folks like to talk. Sometimes, I like to listen. Sometimes, folks like to talk incessantly about one mediocre subject. Those times, I don't like to listen. Case in point: 1996 or thereabouts. The Art Institute of Dallas(where I went to college). There once was a person who liked to talk. During lunch, he would be hanging out with his posse, just "discussing", something artistic types(read: nerds) like to do to great lengths. This guy decided to explain to the world the many reasons why he hated the song "Stay" by Lisa Loeb. On and on he went, dissecting the song into tiny little pieces, every one hated by him, and he told everyone this, again, at great length. Oh, how I wanted to smack him upside the head and say: "Yes, I hate the song too. WE GET THE IDEA NOW DROP IT!!!!!!" It reminds me of just about any movie with Quentin Tarantino in it. Especially Resovoir Dogs in which he explains to his posse why the song "Like a Virgin" is not what it seems. If you've seen the scene in question you'd know what I'm talking about. This man would not shut up. Don't worry, he along with all his cohorts gets off'ed at some point during the movie.
This behavior brings to mind a certain phrase created by a buddy of mine oh so many years ago. It went something like this:
Please use discretion among public relations. If you do not use discretion, you are a jakalhead. In other words: YOU ARE A JAKALHEAD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home