Friday, July 23, 2004

Hot enough for 'ya?

Well, it is that time of year again. The time my air conditioning craps out and life becomes utterly miserable. For those of you who live up north or anywhere other than Dallas, lucky you. It is so stinking hot here. Last night was a doozy, to. Constant 85 degrees all night. Now, that may not seem like much to you, so add on another 10 degrees and you'll come close to how hot I felt last night. It never fails. No matter which apartment I live in, the air will go limp and the temp in my apt. will rise and rise to notches unknown to mankind!
(Bam!! Thank you food network!)
I have lived in 4 different apartment complexes in the Dallas area and each time, the same thing happened. Weak a/c units need not apply. This is where the big boys play.
I am reminded of a Looney Tunes cartoon in which Yosemite Sam is sent to hell. Whether it was a bomb he was holding, or a fall from 500 feet, I cannot recall. He looks around at all the fire and brimstone and says "Where is this? Dallas?"

He couldn't have been more right.

Been livin' here since late '95 and my opinion of this city still hasn't changed. See if you can guess what it is.
*!&%&$!@%^!$&^^@&*%^#^%@&^*#^#!!!!!!! --that's your first clue ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home