Monday, July 19, 2004

A Texas lane change

So I was driving to work this morning, like every morning during the week, travelling on the Dallas North Tollway. The big toll plazas have two lanes designated for those of us who have toll tags, so we don't have to slow down to the booths, and can just drive right through. As I approach the toll booth just north of I635, I stay in the fast lane since I have a toll tag, and am just about to pass through, when suddenly, some cars ahead slow down rather quickly, and I wonder what is happening. Turns out, a woman in the fast lane darts to the right, cutting off several people so she can get to the booths, since she obviously didn't have a toll tag. Now that's what I call a Texas lane change. Go through as many lanes as you can, as fast as you can, cutting off as many motorists as you can. Any farther, and she'd have rammed into the barrier! Now there's a smart move. Risk causing a severe accident so you can pay your toll, when there are numerous signs stating as clear as day that these two lanes are "Toll tag only"!! There's even a big bright orange circle with a big black T on it to help your feeble mind make the decision whether you want to stay in that lane or not. You would have to be either blind or extremely stupid to not see these signs. Personally, I would rather not have either one driving on the busy Dallas highways. We have enough crazy drivers as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home