Monday, July 12, 2004

Words of nonsensical wisdom

I would like to present to you a few words from one of the greatest comedians of our time, Jerry Lewis. These lines were spoken in an old black and white movie called It's Only Money in which he plays a television repair man who ends up in the house of the very man who invented television, a man who Jerry describes as "Mr. Electric, you're him! A bulb with a picture!!!" If you can get your hands on a copy of this movie, or if you are a fan of anything Jerry, I highly recommend picking it up and watching him contort his face in ways only he can as he spits out these lines, which were most likely made up on the spot. Enjoy!

"Were it not for Mr. Albright, do you think it would be possible for us today to enjoy clear, vivid picture viewing? Nay, hence, and get out of there! Mr. Albright created a density lock, visually, so that in the event there was an impaired vision, front and back, you wouldn't apply yourself and get caught with one eye shook off...he locked them, so that the fusion of the electronic cathode tube would advance itself, deteriorate, and then the one look from the one eye would create at least an abundance of sight!"

"...you see, the fine tuner, very rarely will pull out, and you get "pppppbbbbbbb" sound, or the picture wavers. With him locking them you get sound "hhmmmmmm" clear, as opposed to locked, picture, no eyes, straight, and you hear from the locking of the beam so you don't touch...He made the knob so you don't look, and you lay back and see!"


Funny, isn't it, that I typed all that from memory? See, that's what I do, you see, I memorize my favorite lines and sequences from movies, and I bring them up at the most peculiar times; very indicative of my odd sense of humor. I guess you could say that is very Monty Pythonish. I guess you could also say that it makes me very wierd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home