Monday, September 13, 2004

Bridge of Clear Light

Here is the first entry in an ongoing list of my favorite music. Each entry will feature a particular song and include reasons for my fondness of it. The subject of this entry is Clara Ponty, a French pianist, and the daughter of the popular jazz violinist Jean-Luc Ponty. Clara trained from an early age to be a concert pianist, competing in and winning several contests. She has released 3 cds so far. The last song on her second album The Embrace - Bridge of Clear Light is only one of my favorites from her, which will be the subject of this first entry. When I close my eyes during this passionate and uplifting song, I float along in a stream that can only be made of clear light, as the title so aptly implies. The range of emotions varies from relaxed and content, to contemplative, even sad; yet it all comes to a happy ending, repeating the opening theme, but in a completed, finished manner that ties all the emotions of the song together, closing the album. Clara is a very talented composer, and each song has a manner all its own. Bridge of Clear Light represents her style of composing and performing, soft and flowing piano, perfect for relaxing and winding down.

Clara's Website

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you... gay for her?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

A heterosexual man (strait, for all you knuckleheads out there) such as myself being "gay" for a woman doesn't make much sense. The fact that I can enjoy such beautiful music and express how it makes me feel just proves that I am sensitive and accessible to women.

Hear that, ladies? Want to share your feelings with me? You can rest assured that I can engage in meaningful conversation. No low brow stuff here. Neanderthal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home