Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The wait is over

I have it. It is mine! My greatest material possession! Last night was quite a night. I arrived at the Best Buy in Plano, Tx around 10:45. There were about 8 men in Storm Trooper outfits, most likely a group of Star Wars fans who gather at every Star Wars event for pictures and publicity. Very cool, very believeable. There were a few men dressed as Jedi, in what looked an awful lot like home made costumes, very corny, very unbelieveable. Glowing lightsabers ablaze. Lots of supressed chuckles throughout the crowd at the sight of these superfans. I will post some pictures. There were drawings for prizes, but unfortunately, yours truly didn't win anything. 8(
We all hung around until midnight for the opening of the store. There were some people who had been in line for Lord knows how long. Me, I have a life, and more important things to do than stand in a line all day. However, the line I stood in took about 40 minutes away from my life, a small price to pay for being among the first to own the greatest trilogy of all time. Since I couldn't help myself, I watched the first movie when I got home. Got to bed around 3:15 a.m. The craziest part of all is, I got to work ON TIME!!!! Sometimes I amaze even myself.
See if you can guess what I am going to do tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home