Monday, August 08, 2005

A plot?

I went to Oklahoma City this weekend for a kind of pre-birthday celebration. My 28th birthday is Wednesday, so we made Sunday our time to get together. It was all well and good, and the nephews are growing as fast as ever. I suspect they'll be walking very soon.

As the time to return to Dallas drew near, my Mom went into her normal spiel about not wanting me to leave. "You could just stay here, and get a job here. There's no need to leave."

"Yes, but I love my job at JCPenney's. It's really one of the only reasons I'm still in Dallas." -Me

"But what if you found a job here that was just as good, or better? Then you could stay."-Mom

And so, I came to a decision.

"I'll tell you what. If ever I should lose my job at Penney's, I'll move back and look for a job here." -Me

But then, the conspiracy begins. My Mom decides to tell my sisters to join her in praying that I'll lose my job at Penney's.

Mothers. They're relentless. ;)

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Google HiJacked My Site said...

If I know one thing it is this; The fields are littered with the bodies of those who want their old jobs back. Mariah is one such person. I have history with many more.

With respect to your mum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home