Monday, August 16, 2004

Now that it's over...

...my Mom can come down from her high anxiety perch and rest a while. The wedding went smoothly, the youngest done got hitched up, they both done flew to Orlando managing to avoid any bad weather, painted the town red, and are now tired and safe. Next on the list is the coming of the two new young 'uns. A double shot of baby boys! And my sisters are very pregnant, though they need to be told they are not that pregnant. Guess it is a girl thing. Needless to say I am looking forward to it. Two nephews to mold in my image. Then once they're grown a bit, we can get together and make some tents and get some peanut butter and it'll be great. Problem is the timing. They are scheduled about 2 weeks apart, so anything can happen between those weeks, and I hope I can manage to get up there for both of their births. I done took part in all three sisters' weddings and the birth of the first niece, and will be darnded if anyone or anything will stop me from being there for the birth of my first two nephews. No, the youngest is not the pregnant one; only two of the bridesmaids bore the telltale bulge. Now the reception was stupendous, and where can I get more of those homemade devil's food cakes??? OOHHHH they were fantabulous!!! Swiped 5 of them afterwards; wish I had taken the whole platter!

Update 8-23-04 I have just been informed by my newlywed baby sister that the devil's food cakes were not homemade, but were from some store in New Jersey or somewhere and are called "Tasty Cakes" which to me sounds an awful lot like a homemade name. Something some sweet lady would make for the local church bake sale. Anyway, they are the bestest!

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

As much as I would have loved to partake in fun activities at your pad, it would have been just a little difficult to explain to my sister why I was at my other two sisters' weddings and not hers. Sisters are weird that way. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home