Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A major award!

I won, I won, I won!

Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, an online audio/video magazine(see links section to the right), had created an online forum last year. As an incentive to get more people registered and posting, a set of very nice prizes were up for grabs. Random posts would be drawn, and prizes awarded. Well, as luck would have it, I won!!! Woo-hoo!!!

The prize list was a good one. DVD players, loudspeakers, a projector, cables, and other products were featured. Some of them quite expensive! I was lucky enough to win a set of tower speakers from an Australian company called Krix. These things are übersweet! They fit so well into my home theater. This is the biggest thing I have ever won in my life. The only other comparable prize I ever won was a box set of James Bond DVDs a few years ago. As you can imagine, the speakers are much more substantial.

A great thing about these Krix Lyrix Gold speakers, so named, is that I have to get out all my CDs and LPs and listen to them again. It is a joy to hear the full quality of the recordings, now that I have a much more capable system. I will be posting a review of them on the Secrets forum website in the near future, and will provide a link so you can hear(as in "read") me brag!

THANK YOU, SECRETS!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fraaa-GEE-leee... Must be Italian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home