Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A Case for DVD-Based Navigation Systems

They may cost a pretty penny, but a good navigation system for your vehicle could save you much turmoil and anger. Case in point: Sunday evening, March 13, 2005. I am driving along I35, going south from Oklahoma City to Dallas. I am in the last portion of the state of Oklahoma, when I encounter a familiar ordeal: traffic merging into one lane for about 8 miles. This time, it was 10 miles. All the way to the border of Texas. They have done this before, with the same annoying results. I don't even think they did anything at all to the road. Took me a full 2 HOURS to go 10 miles!!!!!! Now if I had one of them cool DVD Navigation dealies, I'd have been able to find an alternate route. Honestly, I could have gotten out of my car, met the person in front of me, and we could have played a nice game of chess. maybe two! Sheesh.

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just for my own personal edification, what would be the difference in this and a typical hand held GPS system? (In functionality, that is.)

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home