Monday, May 09, 2005

Spoilers allowed

Spoiler free 'till Episode III? I wish.

I just can't help but read the reviews and plot points for Revenge of the Sith. We have been forced to wait this long to see the final chapter in the Star Wars saga, and May 19th can't come fast enough. I'd love to be able to see the movie without any knowledge of what I'm about to see, but it is just too darn hard to do. I ache and yearn for every bit of Star Wars. I am itching to see the Emperor in all his vile, twisted, evil, cackling glory. I am dying to see Anakin Skywalker become the feared agent of death we first saw in A New Hope, as he towers above all others in his menacing black suit, and that mask!! Always wondering what deformed, horrible form lie within...

I wish I could have a day in the DLP projection theater to myself, and a few friends and family, to watch the entire Star Wars saga in all its glory, twice or three times. I wish I could be those characters, with real light sabers, and force powers, and blasters, and ships travelling at the speed of light, and cities in the sky, and speeder bikes, and massive space stations with the destructive capacity to annihilate an entire planet...the list is endless!

It's what drives the imagination. It's what drives us to wait in line for days on end. It's what drives us to act out our favorite scenes, believing for one moment that we are who they are, fighting for freedom in a galaxy far, far away.

Whatever stance we take on the Star Wars movies, bad or good, we must not forget that we are in debt to George Lucas. He dedicated his life to bringing these amazing stories to life for all the world to enjoy. We cannot thank him enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home