Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Aftermath

Howdy, friends!

So, how was your July 4th weekend? Did you feel independent? Did you celebrate it?

I certainly felt independent. Free to drive out of state to visit family in Oklahoma City. Not forced to do anything, or to believe anything. America rules. Even if the liberals say I should live my life a certain way, I don't have to do what they say. What's the saying? Do as I say, not as I do? Reminds me of that Live8 stuff that's happening. Sure, I'm all for helping Africa's poverty-stricken, but I don't need a super rich celebrity to tell me what to do with my money. And to think, Paris Hilton even attended the festivities, but admitted to not knowing much about the poverty situation over there. I wonder how many of these holier-than-thou music groups and celebrities would have the guts to admit that they too don't know the true causes of poverty and hunger in Africa. Bono's probably the only one who actually knows what he's working for. The others could care less, as long as they get tons of publicity.

How did I get on to this subject? Ranting can take you far off the beaten path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home