Sunday, September 18, 2005

A Close Call!

Boy, have I got a story for you!

Just minutes ago, I came from the laundry room. I started up three washers, but had only brought two loads of laundry, so I had to run back to the apartment and grab a load of clothes to wash. Luckily I live next door to the washroom. As I came back, the third washer had filled with water, and I began to put the load of clothes into it. As I shut the lid, the washer begins its 1st cycle, churning the clothing within. Well, for some odd reason, I decided to open the lid to watch. And right on top, staring me in the face, as clear as day, was my digital camera's 512 megabyte flash card! HOLY CRAP!!!! I quickly yank it out of the washer, relieved that it had not yet gotten wet and thanking my lucky stars that I just happened to open the lid at that moment. I had taken it to work the other day to extract some recent pictures, and had put it in the chest pocket of the shirt I wore that day. As luck would have it, that was the last shirt I put into the washer, and the chest pocket was directly above the water line, to my immense relief. Talk about a close call! Didn't my mother teach me to check all the pockets of my clothes before I throw them into the wash?

Shame on me.

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Google HiJacked My Site said...

God hates "fag" 512 megabyte flash cards.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Starrlett said...

yikes, the fact that such a mishap is a possibility is now filling me with paranoia--glad you found it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home