Monday, May 16, 2005

A Special Meeting

Although I was fortunate to meet two Star Wars characters this weekend, I met a third, that will be dear to me. The gentleman in question was Luke Skywalker's friend and fellow X-Wing pilot: Biggs Darklighter. His name is Garrick Hagon. While in line to meet Dave Prowse, I noticed that nobody was in line to get Mr. Hagon's autograph. The two biggest lines in the room were for Matthew Wood, who performed the voice of General Grievous in Episode III, and of course, Darth Vader. I thought to myself, "This isn't right." I hopped right over to meet him. Since I was the only one there, I got to have a nice conversation with him. I mentioned that when I was growing up, my sisters and I would always be sad when Biggs died. We knew that Biggs and Luke were pals. They knew eachother on Tatooine. Luke looked up to him, and wanted to be like him. His character is very well known to those who love The Trilogy. His autograph resides on the top left corner of page 8 in my Star Wars Visual dictionary, the only picture of Biggs in the book, albeit a small one. I was thumbing through the book, searching for the pic, because I knew it was there, just didn't remember where. Mr. Hagon happily pointed it out to me. After all that fun, I forgot to get my picture taken with him! I had captured some video of him on my digital camera, but it just didn't occur to me to stand next to him and capture the moment. D'oh! I kicked myself afterwards for it. Literally!

To Mr. Hagon: Thank you so much for talking with me! I will always cherish the experience I had meeting you. May the Force be with you. Star Wars rules ALL!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home