Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Apple Rulez!

The new version of Apple's operating system called OS X "Tiger" has been on my Mac computer here at work for a few weeks now. I am loving it. There are a number of useful improvements over the previous OS X incarnation known as "Panther". One of which is the improved version of Safari, Apple's web browser, counterpart to Internet Explorer, Microsoft's web browser. A very useful feature of is the inclusion of RSS feeds into the browser, which allows me to monitor the addition of new articles. I can see what's been posted recently, and I don't even have to subscribe to anything! It's all there for me. It has helped me find new topics to write about, this one included!

Also included with the new operating system is a program called "Dashboard". It is a nifty little program that allows for the inclusion of little thingies called "widgets", which are cute little things like a clock, address book, weather watcher, TV show information searcher, dictionary/thesaurus, and other fun things, and they are able to float on my desktop and I can put them anywhere I want, plus they reside in a single program, so they all appear and disappear with the touch of a button. Microsoft can't claim anything as cool as that. Fun fun fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home