Monday, June 06, 2005

What's in a name?

I'm sure you've wondered by now why I call myself Kodiak. Is it where you're from? The great white North? No. Are you a bear? No, far too skinny, though I'm quite furry. I'd like to explain the origin behind my online handle. You know, you can't be a computer nerd without an online handle. If ever you get your computer worked on, to ensure the best service, just ask your technician what his online handle is. If he gives you a blank stare, don't trust him! If he gives you one or two online handles, depending on what forum/chatroom he is referring to, then you know your computer is in good hands!

Anyway, the name Kodiak came from an episode of Ren and Stimpy. It's only half a name, actually. In the episode called The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen(yes, there is a cartoon with that title. Imagine that.), Ren and Stimpy take a long journey through the harsh Canadian tundra. During their quest, they encounter the Kodiak Marmoset! It's the world's largest...smallest primate. It belts out a tremendous roar, then procedes to bash Ren's head in with its fist! (Ren is the Chihuahua) I loved the character so much, I wanted to use his name to refer to my online self, but then I thought, I don't like taking someone else's brilliant idea and mooching off of it, so I took just Kodiak. I guess I though it sounded cool.

The great mystery has been solved. You may now rest easy tonight. Go back to your lives, citizens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home