Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Longest What?

Did anyone catch the new Sandler movie?


Me neither.

That's not to say I'm not an Adam Sandler fan, because I am. Happy Gilmore is the greatest thing to happen to golf since Chevy Chase and his mantric "mananananana". Adam's short, bit part in Coneheads was brilliant. Try to watch him sing that showtune in Billy Madison and not laugh!

Sandler's appeal aside, I have no desire to pay money to see The Longest Yard. This time, I can wail 'till the DVD release, something my parents are constantly suggesting I do. Even then, I will most likely not buy the DVD. I can only stand so much of Chris Rock, and with his loud, gritting, ear-splitting voice being featured in two movies at once, well, I don't have the capacity to handle that. Even though Madagascar looks like a fun movie, I won't let my movie dollars go anywhere else in the next couple weeks other than Star Wars Episode III. We Star Wars fans have a responsibility. Nay, a higher calling. We must do all we can to give Titanic a run for its only slightly well deserved money. It has been the box office "king of the world!" long enough. We must rally together, and make Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, the biggest box office smash of all time. Are ya with me?!?!

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Minkey girl said...

I don't think Lucas needs anymore money or he'll drown in it.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Nah, Lucas is just trying to catch up with Bill Gates and Richard Branson.

p.s. Love that logo! Clouseau is history's greatest bumbler!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home