Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Weddings and Weekends

Finally! Another chance to wear my new suit!

Fairly recently, I went to my youngest sister's wedding. I had to buy a suit for the occasion. To some people, not having a suit is like not having clothes at all. Some men wear a suit every single day. To me, suits were for Church when I was a kid. I have not had to wear a suit in my profession, and Church doesn't require me to wear a suit, though I still like to dress up and at least not wear jeans, shorts, and sandals, as so many new churchgoers have resorted to, as if Church is just a little get together with friends. True, friends should get together and celebrate the allmighty creator, but to go in shorts and sandals is very wrong in my opinion. At least make it a point to look your Sunday best. Since when is it ok to look like you just came from a barbeque? Show some respect for God, at least.

Anyway, acceptable Church attire aside, I have another wedding to go to this weekend. My younger cousin is getting married, to a very nice young man. Geez, don't I sound like an old guy? You know, that's what my friends used to call me: the grumpy old man. Keep in mind that these friends were in high school while I was learning to tie my shoes and playing dodgeball during recess.

I am getting a barrage of emails from my parents reminding me to bring my suit! I actually enjoy wearing a suit every now and then. I just need to get used to that tight collar and tie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home