Thursday, August 25, 2005

Worst Song Ever

I nominate "All Apologies" by Nirvana.

Geez, this song is horrible! So incredibly dull, simplistic, and annoying. Kurt Cobain's vocals go from a mushy, quiet and off-key hum to loud, hoarse yelling, all while the accompanying instruments drone along, completely devoid of any life. They even bolster the depressing tone of the song by adding a dreary cello line during the second verse. This song is the pinnacle of Generation X's hatred of living. It's like Grunge Unplugged. True, Nirvana set the tone for countless bands of the day, but with this travesty of a tune, they suck all the remaining life out of their fans. There wasn't much there to begin with anyway. It's unfortunate that many people consider this junk "real music". What a shame.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Starrlett said...

Much as I like many other songs by Nirvana, I have to agree with you on this particular one. What sparked that thought, btw?

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Oh, I was just shopping for a new microphone for my computer at CompUSA, and they had the song playing, and I was reminded just how much I loathed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home