Saturday, October 08, 2005

3 Tomato Spaghetti

OOOOOOOOOOOOHH!!!!!!!! This is SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

A couple weeks ago, I was watching "Everyday Food" on KERA, our local PBS station, where one of the cooks prepared a pasta dish called 3 tomato spaghetti.
I decided to give it a try. It would give me a chance to use that nice set of cookware my good friend got me last Christmas.
First, the sauce is prepared using garlic, crushed red pepper, oil from a can of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes; a can of peeled, whole tomatoes, some chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and finally halved cherry tomatoes are then added. As the sauce simmers, the spaghetti is prepared. After cooking is complete, the pasta is drained, leaving a little water behind, and the spaghetti is returned to the pot. The sauce is then added directly to the pot and tossed. It is then put on a plate and wolfed down by me.

I was in hog heaven! I was amazed at just how GOOD this dish tasted, and even more amazed that I cooked it myself! I, who lives on take-out and ramen noodles! Beauty part is, I've got at least 2 days of leftovers ready to take to work, and it tastes loads better than anything they can come up with at the JCPenney cafeteria.

Here's the link to the webpage.

Give it a try. You WON'T be disappointed!

4 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Google HiJacked My Site said...

My God man, your President needs you and you're up to your Observatorio in pasta???

Are U a girl?

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Come on, my Right Wing Nut friend,

you DO know that there are countless male chefs in the cuisine industry?

Don't be so single-minded. That's the liberal way!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Besides, I don't have a wife to do all the cooking for me, like you,
and it was high time I got up off my rear and actually did something productive during the weekend.

Trust me, you'll rave when you taste it! Have your wife cook it sometime. Your family will go GAGA! And make sure you clean the dishes afterward as a gift for your wife.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Google HiJacked My Site said...

I make the money and tech support the house. She does the dishes.

If this dish sux I'm docking your pay. ; )

But do need someone to watch my back over @ EH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home