Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sci-Fi Expo

The second annual Sci-Fi Expo in Plano, Texas was held this Saturday and Sunday. I went Saturday, and met the following people: Carrie Fisher(Princess Leia), Kenny Baker(R2D2), Bonnie Piesse(Young Beru Whitesun), and Marc Singer(The Beastmaster movies). Also in attendance were: Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood(Dr. Dave Bowman and Frank Poole of 2001: A Space Odyssey), Kevin Sorbo(Hercules: The Legendary Journeys), Peter Mayhew(Chewbacca), Jonathan Frakes(Commander William Riker of Star Trek: The Next Generation), and several others.

Adam Baldwin(Jayne in the new movie Serenity; also in Independence Day) was there on Sunday, but I was too tired to leave the house, so I didn't meet him. I knew the lines would be spectacular, as the fanboys for Serenity/Firefly are rabid right now, so I guess it's not all that bad. (Espella, I'm lookin' in your direction!)

Here's a link to the photos I took: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kodiak

2 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Google HiJacked My Site said...

Once the family 'Zee is finished with the Firefly DVDs, I will loan them to you. Then you will see what good writing and character development is all about.

Starboy...

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Starrlett said...

Hear, hear, Espella!

Man, I wanted to go to the Expo, but my college's Homecoming was the same weekend. Kinda figured I should show up, since I'm on an alumni committee... darn. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home