Thursday, November 17, 2005

I Want! I Want!

Dream Machine

Here's a review of the newest Power Macintosh. Dual 2.5 GHz dual-core processors. That's QUAD BABY!! I can only dream of the elation I'd feel if I had one of these at work. My workflow would more than quadruple! Hear that, boss? Get me one of these!!! Imagine working with a 12 inch by 12 inch graphic @ 300 dpi. Enough to slow down any computer. Now try to render a 3-D effect on it. Major slowdown. But not with a Quad G5. It would blaze through anything you threw at it, even the most demanding professional work. With a cost of $3,299, this computer is obviously not for everyone. If you just browse the internet, do word processing or play an occasional game, buying this machine is overkill, to say the least. But if you work in a professional creative environment, produce lots of digital content, than this baby is heaven on earth. This thing can support an astonishing 4 terabytes of system memory!! Considering that the average machine can hold up to a few gigabytes of system memory, 4 terabytes is like a supernova compared to a cap gun! Of course, today's standards prohibit such a huge number, but it provides plenty of hope for the future. Here's Apple's webpage on the subject: http://www.apple.com/powermac/dualcore.html

I just need to know who to beg at my workplace to get one of these. I am not above laying down in front of their cars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home