Thursday, November 17, 2005

Say It Ain't So!

Headline: Madonna slams Bush. Say it ain't so!

So here's the material girl going on a rant about our President. imdb.com ran this news entry today. You can read it here. Just scroll down toward the bottom of the page.



Madonna Slams Bush


Madonna has urged US citizens to turn against President George W. Bush over his failure to provide adequate aid for the victims of Hurricane Katrina in August. The singer was "devastated" when Michael Moore's documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 didn't stop Bush winning the 2004 election and insists America must now realize his incompetence. She says, "I was just frigging devastated, It was a real sad day. I don't get how people can have all these facts and still turn away from them. 9/11 was too ambiguous. You couldn't prove how the government was somehow in on the deal. You could say 'Oh that's just Michael Moore'. New Orleans was undeniable irresponsibility."




So, according to Madonna, "Fahrenheit 9/11" contained facts? First of all, getting Republicans to believe anything put out by Michael Moore is like getting Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer to profess the superiority of Apple Computers. It just ain't gonna happen. If anything, it just strengthened the resolve of the Republican voters to go out there and show support for their party, regardless of the "documentary" put out by a well known liberal propagandist. Second of all, blaming the devastation solely on Bush is irrational. I don't recall this happening in Florida. They must deal with hurricanes far more often than New Orleans. I see this as more of a local government fault. I blame the corrupt New Orleans leaders and their dodgy police force. I remember well the drive back to Dallas I took after a visit to my family in Oklahoma City. There were several convoys of military vehicles on their way to New Orleans. I could see many trucks carrying pallets and pallets of bottled water. Each convoy was at least 6 trucks. But then, of course, it's always easier to just blame the head cheese. After all, it all goes up to the big boss. I'd expect nothing less from Madonna. In my opinion, she can go back to her sprawling estate in Britain and practice her Kaballah Yoga crap. I chose not to listen to her convoluted opinion.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Starrlett said...

Hear, hear--since when did celebrities, in particular movie stars and musicians, get the idea that their political opinions mattered anyway? I am sick to DEATH of hearing from Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, and everyone else who lives in the fantasy worlds of Hollywood and music. I don't care about your opinion, you're not qualified to make statements with any kind of authority, and the fact that you are filthy rich and gorgeous does not mean I want to hear you whine. Go whine to your butler.

Whew, thanks for the rant-portunity; I needed that!!!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

The Observatorio is pleased to provide. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home